Double Monochromator Systems
S&Is high-end to ultra-high-end bandpass spectroscopy solution
S&Is DuoVista systems provide a wide spectral working range and imaging quality (DM55 and DM77), a multitude of possible grating sets, which will allow a spectral working range from 180nm up to 75µm.
In most applications the DuoVista systems will function as an excellent tunable bandpass filter, suitable to provide highest efficiency and excellent stray light rejection.
The possible high resolution via doubled dispersion down to a few pm coupled with the superior imaging quality of Princeton Instrument’s imaging corrected SpectraPro HRS monochromators enables the best quality for multi-track applications
The possibility for customer desired setup designs allows for an easy adaptation to a multitude of different applications
The DuoVista comes in 3 different version
DM33i – Entry level bandpass for mid- to high-resolution and decent stray light rejection
DM55i – High end bandpass solution with superior imaging quality monochromators
DM77i – The pinnacle of dual monochromator systems, with an ultra-high end bandpass, extreme resolution and stray light rejection
Additive & Subtractive Dispersion
The first monochromator stage disperses the spectral radiation into separate wavelength components, allowing a specific bandpass to enter the second monochromator. The second monochromator stage re-disperses the light, increasing spectral dispersion while further reducing stray light levels.
In subtractive mode, the first and the second stages of spectrometer work as a tunable bandpass filter to allow only the desired portion of spectrum to pass through. A polychromatic light enters the first stage through the entrance slit and is dispersed by the first grating. The intermediate Slit acts as a bandpass filter passing only the light between wavelengths λ1 and λ2. The grating in the second Stage recombines all the dispersed light and focuses it into exit slit, producing again a polychromatic light limited to the spectral range between wavelengths λ1 and λ2.
- Spectral Range from Deep UV to IR (180 nm to 75µm)
- Excellent stray light rejection
- Interchangeable Grating Turrets
- 3 Gratings per Turret
- Double Spectrometer/ Spectrographs with different focal length
- DM33i with 2x300 mm focal length
- DM55i with 2x500 mm focal length
- DM77i with 2x750 mm focal length
- Additive and Subtractive Dispersion
- Image corrected optics provide superior imaging quality
- Multiple entrance and exit ports
- Interchangeable Grating Turrets with 3 gratings per turret per stage
(up to 18 gratings on 6 turrets possible)
- Motorized Entrance and Exit Slits with 0 to 3 mm or 0 to 12 mm width
- Motorized Intermediate Slits with 0 to 12 mm width
- Optional Silver or gold coated mirrors
- Choice of more than 100 gratings available for the best spectral range, throughput and dispersion
- Stepping motor scanning system with microprocessor control provides superior precision and repeatability of wavelength positioning